Last Update: September, 2011
Consent for Use and Disclosure
Collection of Personal Information
As with most websites (ref. Google Analytics), when you visit the Site, certain kinds of information, such as the website that referred you, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the Site’s operation. Navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site may also be collected.
As the Site develops, personal information (e.g., your username and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, and phone number) may be collected for an email subscription service. Additional personal information (e.g., your credit card number and billing address) will be collected to process transactions or to provide you with products and services if offered by the Site.
Use of Personal Information
- To operate and improve the Site by understanding customer needs regarding our services;
- To develop products and services for our customers;
- To fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- To communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from affiliates and third parties if such products and services are offered in the future
- To allow customers to access limited-entry areas of the Site if such a capability is provided in the future.
- To notify you of any hosted/run Competitions, new services or promotions from time to time
- To personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from and third parties;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- To respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the site or any product or service;
- To protect the services, products or rights this website, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the site;
Sharing & Security of Personal Information
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
The security of your personal information is important to us. The Site follows generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information. For instance, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on possible future products and/or services, we will encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
Use of “Cookies” and Other Technologies
The Site uses “cookies” to store information about visitor preferences and record user-specific information on which pages the user accesses or visits. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive. Cookies contain information, including personal information, that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your pages accessed, and your navigational history.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use the interactive features of the Site and services that depend on cookies.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on the Site and in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in the future. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. These images are not used to collect personal information.
Links to External Sites
Note that some of the hyperlinks on the Site may lead to other Websites that are not controlled by, or affiliated with us. In addition, other websites may link to the Site. We have not reviewed these websites and we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these websites.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. The Site does not direct to the site, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18.